Brand: AquaLeaf Aquatics
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F. Additionally, these plants will get damaged if your region experiences strong cold winds.
- You get 3 plants of about 3-5 inches in diameter. These are grown plants, ready to reproduce.
- They serve as natural biofilters to your pond, helping clear the water naturally
- Please note this plant ships with trimmed roots as sometimes they tend to fall off during transit due to heat. In case roots fall off upon receiving them, just place them in your pond and give them couple of weeks so they can re-establish themselves. If you live in areas experiencing above 90 temperatures, please make sure these plants are retrieved as soon as possible as extreme heat could kill these plants while in a box. Lastly, this plant can not ship to: AL, FL, SC, TX, WI, LA
- Grown pesticide free by Aqualeaf Aquatics TM
Details: Water lettuce provides a floating rosette of attractive foliage that resembles lettuce. The plants float in ponds and water features, forming dense clumps of leaves. The leaves remain dry while the long roots dangle freely in the water. The plants shade the water and the floating roots leach nutrients from the pond. Water lettuce grows naturally as a tropical perennial. In colder climates, grow the plant as an annual or bring it indoors to overwinter. Your fish will love them. They will appreciate the shade, shelter, and food provided. Increases oxygen in the water. They grow extremely fast, especially with lots of sun exposure. They are 100% chemical free and are fish safe. These plants prefer calm waters. Place them away from waterfalls or water currents or they can perish. Koi fish will eat these plants so if you are not planning to feed your fish with this plant do not buy.